You’ll Never Buy Butter From The Store Again After You’ve Made This Yourself (Two Ingredient Recipe)
Organic Butter Recipe
Put the butter into a colander and strain off the buttermilk. Then, rinse the butter, turning it with a spoon while the cold water runs over until it runs clear.
Once the butter is clean, squeeze liquid from it with a wooden spoon in order to smash it and pour off liquid. Finally, put the butter into a jar and keep it refrigerated. The homemade organic butter has a long shelf life and it can last a couple of months before going bad.
Feel free to be creative and create amazing compound butter for your kids. MotherEarthLiving.com recommends the following combinations with unsalted butter:
– Orange zest, maple syrup, and blueberries
– Orange zest, chopped fresh, or dried cranberries and snipped fresh sage
– Lemon zest and snipped parsley
– Crumbled feta cheese and chopped kalamata olives
– Snipped fresh Thai basil, chopped garlic, and chopped, drained, pickled ginger
– Snipped fresh cilantro, lime zest, and Sriracha, or hot sauce
– Grated Parmesan cheese and snipped fresh basil
– Grated ginger and sesame oil
– Chopped pecans and honey
– Coarsely ground black pepper and sea salt
How to Make Butter in a Jar in less than 5 minutes: