TOP TEN DRUGS THAT CAUSE KIDNEY DAMAGE: PLEASE SHARE FOR INFORMATION TOP TEN DRUGS THAT CAUSE KIDNEY DAMAGE: PLEASE SHARE FOR INFORMATION
2. Analgesics, such as acetaminophen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID): ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, and others which people can get only by prescription.
3. COX-2 inhibitors, as celecoxib is (more popular under its brand name Celebrex). Two drugs from this group of medications have been withdrawn from the market due to the fact that they have been proved to be cardiovascular-toxic. These two include valdecoxib (known under the brand name Bextra), and rofecoxib (known under the brand name Vioxx). These drugs are also members of the group of NSAIDs, but represent a special class of it. They were invented and created in order to be safer for the stomach, but still cause kidney damage as the other NSAIDs do.
4. Heartburn medications of the proton pump inhibitor class. Some of these medications are lansoprasole (known under the brand name Protonix), omeprazole (known as Prilosec), rabeprazol (known under the brand names Aciphex amd Rabcid), esomeprazole (known as Esotrex, Nexium), and pantoprazole (known as Protonix).
5. Antiviral drugs, such as acyclovir (known under the brand name Zovirax) used for treating herpes infections, and indinavir and tenofivir, used for treating HIV.
6. Medication for treating hypertension, such as captopril (also known under its brand name Capoten).
7. Rheumatoid arthritis medications, such as infliximab (more popular under its brand name Remicade); chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, used for treating malaria and systemic lupus erythematosus, as well as rheumatoid arthritis.
8. Lithium, a drug used for treating bipolar disorder.
9. Anticonvulsants, such as phenytoin (known under its brand name Dilantin) and trimethadione (known as Tridione), drugs used for treating seizures and other conditions.
10. Chemotherapy drugs, such as pamidronate, interferons, carboplatin, cisplatin, tacrolimus, cyclosporine, mitomyciin C, quinine, bevacizumab; as well as some anti-thyroid drugs, such as propylthiouracil, used for treating overactive thyroid.
Don’t Forget To Share With Your Friends And Family On Facebook, As You Might Help Someone In Need!