The Next Time You Are Gardening, Camping, or Simply Enjoying the Nature, Use This Simple Trick to Keep Ticks at Bay and Prevent Tick-Borne Illnesses!
Ticks are tiny pests that typically live in humid and moist environments, especially in or near grassy or wooded areas. You could come into contact with these pesky and uncomfortable pests during outdoor activities around your home or while gardening, hiking, or camping.
These pests can infect humans with parasites, viruses, and bacteria that can contribute to serious illness. Ticks can also carry diseases, which are extremely dangerous.
In case you have a tick bite accompanied by a rash or fever, you should visit your doctor.
In fact, tick prevention is actually the only way of keeping yourself healthy and away from any tick-borne illnesses. Specifically, you can decrease your risk of getting tick-borne illnesses by showering after being outdoors, using repellents, and checking for ticks. These are safe and effective methods to keep ticks at bay.
Always take safe and effective steps in order to avoid contact with these pesky pests.
So, the next time you’re gardening, camping, or simply enjoying the nature, do this simple trick to keep ticks at bay and prevent tick-borne illnesses:
The things you will need for this all-natural tick repellent include some high-quality essential oils and a lint roller. But, keep in mind that the lint roller should be the kind with adhesive layers.
All you need to do is to take the roller with you when you’re gardening, hiking, or camping, as well as roll it on your clothing from time to time. That’s not all, you should also add some essential oil to this trick to reduce the chance of ticks hopping onto you while outdoors.
It is advisable to spay some essential oil onto your clothing and then rub it onto your skin to prevent ticks from coming near you. What’s more, this trick can also keep black flies and mosquitoes at bay. You should use essential oils instead of commercial insect or tick repellents to minimize the level of harsh chemicals you’re exposed to.
You Can Use Any of These 5 Essential Oils as Natural Bug or Tick Repellents:
– Lemon Essential Oil – This oil possesses a compound called limolene. Additionally, this compound may be particularly effective against fleas as well as many other bugs. But, you should dilute it in some water prior to spraying it onto your skin or clothes.
– Eucalyptus Essential Oil – You can use the oil alone or in combination with citronella oil as an all-purpose insect repellent. The Journal of Medical Entomology published a study showing that eucalyptus extract can lower the risk of tick bites and infections.
– Lemongrass Essential Oil – It is derived from the tropical lemongrass plant called Cymbopogon citrates. The oil has a bright citrus scent and acts as an all-natural tick and flea repellent. You can spray it directly on your skin to help keep these pesky bugs at bay.
– Pennyroyal Essential Oil – Pennyroyal is an herb that belongs to the mint family. So, the essential oil is toxic to almost all types of insects. It acts as a powerful natural insect deterrent!
– Lavender Essential Oil – This essential oil is a sweet-smelling tick repellent. Bugs do not tolerate the scent of lavender essential oil. This means that it can help keep ticks, flies, mosquitoes, and other insects away while outdoors.
Also, check out the video below to learn how to prepare a homemade bug spray with citronella, tea tree and lemongrass and essential oils:
- Hulse, Tyler. ”Homemade Repellents: 40 Natural Homemade Insect Repellents for Mosquitos, Ants, Flies, Roaches and Common Pests: insect repellent,natural insect repellent,natural bug repellent”;
- Wiler, Kate. ”NATURAL HOMEMADE PEST REPELLENTS: Quick and Easy Solutions That Are Safe, Organic and Non-Toxic (THRIVING GREEN)”;