THE NEGATIVE HEALTH CONSEQUENCES THE CONSUMPTION OF TILAPIA FISH
Undoubtedly – tilapia fish, being raised in China is one of the most purchased fish on the American market, all due to the fact that is dirt cheap and is being sold without skin and bones, adding it to the fact that is extremely tasty too.
But what most people are not aware is the fact that most of the Chinese products nowadays have become less trustful due to the fact that the oversea merchansts are only trying to get more profit and increase the quantity at any price instead of taking care of the quality of things.
Such is the case with these fish. It was discovered that due to the increased oversea purchase they started to sell farm-raised instead of wild-raised tilapia.
The difference is the fact that wild raised tilapia feed with algae and the farm-raised one is fed with soy pellets and GMO corn.
This not only contributes to the size of the fish, but the amount of nutrients of the fish- including the fish oils, which may lack in the farm-raised fish, or are significantly low.
In fact, the farm-raised fish can contribute to some serious health issues if consumed on a regular basis, including:
- It can cause inflammation or worsen the already existing inflammation due to existing medical conditions you’re experiencing such as: asthma, arthritis or heart diseases. Expecting to get the necessary omega-3-fatty acids from the fish, used for treating the heart diseases, you can only worsen your condition.
- Knowing how some of the tilapia are fed with chicken poop or the waste from pigs and ducks, it’s no wonder that it’s believed to be ten times more exposed to cancer-causing toxins, ones that can easily transfer to the organism by consuming the fish.
- Bred in a crowd the fish are prone to more diseases, thence, breeders usually give them antibiotics in order to keep them healthy. On the other hand pesticides are used to destroy the sea lice. It was scientifically proven that once these pesticides are released into the sea, they can negatively affect the whole fauna and flora, and can even kill a wild salmon once exposed to them. I would think twice before consuming a fish poisoned with these same antibiotics and pesticides.
- The farm-bred tilapia has high levels of dioxin, even eleven times more than the ones found in wild tilapia. Not only they are toxic and can cause damage to the body, but can lead to the most serious diseases of the new era, development of cancerous cells in the body. And once the dioxin enters the body it’s pretty hard to get rid of it. It may take you 7-11 years.
- And as expected the nutrient levels of the farm-raised tilapia are way lower than the wild ones. Let’s take omega-3-fatty acids for example, they are definitely not as beneficial as the levels in wild tilapia are. Also, the farm raised one contains less protein and being fatter in contrast to the wild tilapia, they contain more of omega-6-fatty acids, the ones that lead to inflammation, instead of the healthy omega-3-fatty acids.
Remember, you are what you eat!Meaning you should carefully pick the food you consume and the place where you purchase it from.http://healthtips365.com/negative-health-consequences-consumption-tilapia-fish/Health Tips