Beware Of These 18 Lipstick Brands – They Are Full With Carcinogenic Heavy Metals
Companies which produce beauty and makeup products rank in billions in dollars every year from the consumers. New products constantly emerge and the U.S. government does not require any testing before these products hit shelves. Although you try to avoid toxins in the drinks, foods and household products, they are found somewhere you did not expect – in your makeup products.
Have you ever checked the makeup labels before you buy them? What about the other products for personal care? Most deodorant, lipsticks, shampoos or personal care products do not undergo any kind of testing. Moreover, they do not have a full list of ingredients.
If you apply lipstick few times a day every day, you are probably ingesting high amounts of leads. Note that chemicals besides being ingested, they can be also absorbed through the skin, which makes the makeup products main culprit.
Makeup products contain heavy metals
There was a study conveyed by the Canadian Environmental Defense Group on 49 makeup products and in a report which was titled Heavy Metal Hazard the hidden toxic metals in the makeup products were revealed. They have tested:
• 4 concealers
• 5 foundations
• 7 mascaras
• 4 powders
• 5 bronzers or blushes
• 8 glosses or lipsticks
• 2 eyeliners
• 14 eye shadows
Researchers claim they have found toxic substances in literally all of the tested makeup products: 96% of them contained lead, 90% – beryllium, 61% – thallium, %1% – cadmium and 20% – arsenic.
The bad thing is that almost all of these products had an average of 4 out of the 8 metals that were tested. The worst thing is that each of these products had an average of 2 of the 4 most toxic metals such as lead, arsenic, cadmium and mercury. They may trigger many serious health problems.
Couple of years ago, The Food and Drug Administration revealed a list of 400 types of lipsticks that had trace amounts of leads. As it was reported, the levels of lead were low and that is why the scientists did not take any precautions. However, Dr. Mark Mitchell, who is a co-chairman of the Environmental Health Task Force, disagrees. According to him, lead is being accumulated in the body over time and the lipsticks contaminated with lead add up to high exposure levels, especially if they are applied couple of times a day, every day.
Exposure to these toxic metals increases the risk of cancer
In a study conveyed in Canada, 51% of all products tested contained cadmium, which is known as highly carcinogenic material. Another research has shown that cadmium was found in the breast cancer biopsies. What is a matter of concern is that these heavy metals cannot cause health problems immediately and their consistent use may increase the risks of cancer, and cause various other health problems including reproductive disorders too.
Here is a list of the lipsticks you should avoid:
1. L’Oreal (Color Riche) – #410 Volcanic
2. Maybelline (Color Sensational) – #125 Pink Petal
3. NARS Semi – Matte – #1009 Funny Face
4. CoverGirl – (Vibrant Hues Queen Collection) – #580 Ruby Remix
5. SemiMatte NARS – #1005 Red Lizard
6. L’Oreal Lip-color (Intensely Moisturizing) – #748 Heroic
7. Continuous Color – Cover-Girl – #025 Warm Brick
8. L’Oreal – (Color Riche) – #165 Tickled Pink
9. Color Sensation-Maybelline – #475 Mauve Me
10. Revlon / Matte – #009 – (Fabulous Fig)
11. Stargazer Lipstick – #103c
12. Avon – (Beyond Color) – #558 (Mad for Mauve)
13. Sonia Kashuk #27 Mauvey – (Luxury Color)
14. Revlon – (Color-Stay) – #375 – Ripened Red
15. L’Oreal – (Endless) – #530 Mauve – Amour
16. Revlon – (Lustrous Peal) – #631 Luminous Pink
17. Lip Shimmer – Burt’s Bees (Toffee)
18. (Lustrous Peal) Revlon Super – #643 Satin Plum
Here is a list of safer lipsticks:
• Lip Gloss W3II People Extreme
• Coastal Classic Creation – (Canyon Lipstick)
• Organic – (Lip Love Lipstick)
• Maia’s Mineral Lipstick – Galaxy
• Rejuva Minerals – Pure Lips Lipstick
• Bella Mari – Pure – (Mineral Lipstick)
• (Lip Treatment Balm) Isoi Bulgarian Rose
Source: www.cbsnews.comhttp://healthtips365.com/beware-18-lipstick-brands-full-carcinogenic-heavy-metals/Health Tips